Lippmann & Lind

From NBWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Main Page Index / German Makers Index


Lippmann & Lind

Sales: 16 Neueburg, Hamburg. Factory: Neue Königstrasse, Wandsbeck


In addition, see Ricbourg, France and William Taylor, England.


William Taylor Machines

W. Taylor's Patent

Courtesy of Claire Sherwell, from a display at a meeting of Der Schlingenfänger


William Taylor's patent was improved by Lind.


Improved Taylor

Serial Number #22784


Courtesy of Ludger Halbur


In 1869 H. Lippmann in Hamburg became the agent for William Taylor and sometime after 17th June 1871 the company became Lippmann & Lind. Around 1874 they were making the New Taylor sewing machine. In 1882 Henry W. Lind left the company to form Castro & Lind. The boat shaped shuttle moves in an elliptical path in a vertical plane.